Vision, Mission and Objectives
The core is our founding principle of being owned, led and managed by schools - “for schools by schools”.
To provide a broad and inclusive music education culture for all young people in Cheshire East with diverse and relevant progression pathways and opportunities.
To lead the music education hub in Cheshire East and support the musical journey of all young people through inclusion and partnership.
- to promote and embrace a culture of acceptance and respect across all musical pathways within Cheshire East supporting equity, diversity and inclusion;
- to provide opportunities for music tutors to grow and develop their skills supporting the continued improvement of delivered services;
- to encourage joined up progression through pupils’ musical development up to and including the most prestigious National levels (Royal Northern College of Music, National Youth Orchestra, National Youth Jazz Orchestra, National Youth Choir, National youth Brass Band GB);
- to encourage prominent “role model” musicians to work with Cheshire East pupils;
- to raise the profile of music education within localities, supporting school improvement, wellbeing and inclusion agendas;
- to support and encourage appropriate breadth and depth of ensembles;
- to encourage as many primary schools as possible to engage with the first musical step of “Whole Class Ensemble Tuition”;
- to support the continued learning (progression) of musical instruments in the years following Whole Class Ensemble Tuition;
- to encourage greater involvement at all levels of singing, including to the highest levels;
- to apply the best of new thinking to all of our musical education, including the increasing use of digital technologies;