For all you budding composers, the Love Music Trust is delighted to announce the launch of their songwriting competition for pupils in Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3. The competition is open to anyone in Key Stages 2 and 3 and entries can be accepted from individuals, small groups or classes of pupils. To sign up for the competition fill in the form the link below, then come back to this webpage and watch the videos.
Below is a video which will help with the song writing process:
Once you have written you song you will need to record it, below is a video on the best practise for filming yourself. This can be done using any device you have access to, including a phone, tablet or camera.
Once you have recorded the video you will need to submit both the video and a lyric sheet of your completed song to your school, who will then submit it to Love Music Trust.
To send videos to Love Music Trust, please use wetransfer and send the videos to Simon Greasby at email@example.com
To use wetransfer:
1) Google wetransfer.com
2) Upload the video and lyric sheet for a pupil - this can be done we either drag and drop or click and locate the file.
3) Add firstname.lastname@example.org to the 'Email to' box
4) Add your email to the 'Your email' box
5) In the 'Message' box please include, the student(s) name, School, Title of Piece, Age Group of Composers
6) Click transfer - you will receive and email once the transfer has completed and another email once the video has been downloaded.y
The closing dates for entries to be received by Love Music Trust is Friday 5th March.
The winning songs and runners-up from each category will be announced on Friday 26th March.
Entries can be accepted from individuals, groups or classes of pupils and must be checked and sent directly from schools rather than parents or pupils, thus fulfilling GDPR safeguarding.
The winning schools will be invited to come and record their performances professionally with Cheshire East Youth Choir and will be presented with a score and a performance track to share with parents and friends.
Good luck everyone!